1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Open. The closets in our room are A’s (I use the two big closets in the guest rooms. I need all the space.) and he doesn’t hang or put things away so clothes just cascade out of them.
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels?
Yes, but I never use them and end up throwing them away or donating them whenever I move.
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
I tuck them and sleep with them that way but A untucks his side, and sometimes my side if he stays in bed for awhile after I get up.
4. Have you stolen a street sign before?
Yes, when I was in college and hung out with some frat boys who had to steal a “Pike St” sign as a pledge-initiation thing.
5. Do you like to use post-it notes?
I love to use post-it notes, especially passive-aggressively to point out things that are wrong in my house or office, like “This doesn’t go here” with an arrow pointing to the offending object.
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
I used to, but successfully quit because I just had envelopes of expired coupons all over the place.
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
I don’t know. Do I live or die after the attack? If I die, a bear, because that seems like a faster way to go. If I live, bees probably won’t maim or horrible disfigure me so…
8. Do you have freckles?
So many freckles…
9. Do you always smile for pictures?
Sometimes I think I’m smiling sultrily at the camera, but I’m actually glaring.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
There are just so many…
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
Yes, more often than not. I have a mild counting OCD. I also count when I’m pouring something or running a faucet.
12. Have you peed in the woods?
13. Have you ever pooped in the woods?
I don’t think so, but we went camping a lot when I was a kid so it’s possible I did and don’t remember.
14. Do you ever dance even if theres no music playing?
Yes, because there’s always something playing in my head.
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils?
Sometimes. When I do, I really gnaw the sh*t out of them.
16. How many people have you slept with this week?
Just the one.
17. What size is your bed?
18. What is your song of the week?
The Weekend’s “I can’t feel my face”. I don’t even particularly care for it but it’s been in my head all week.
19. Is it OK for guys to wear pink?
20. Do you still watch cartoons?
Yes, with or without children.
21. What is your least favorite movie?
Any of the Jim Carrey “The Mask/Dumb & Dumber/Ace Venturas”. I know, I know. I’m the only one who doesn’t appreciate the comic genius. Whatever.
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
Definitely at my dad’s house, but I won’t get anymore specific than that. What if I actually do have some treasure to hide one day?
23. What do you drink with dinner?
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Usually nothing. Sometimes ketchup, sometimes bbq sauce. I really miss when McDonald’s used to give honey with their chicken nuggets. That was my favorite.
25. What is your favorite food?
26. What movies could you watch over and over again and still love?
The Princess Bride, Xanadu, Pootie Tang, Shakespeare in Love
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you?
A, of course
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
I was a brownie for a year and I hated the uniform, particularly that little brown beanie. I still had another year before I could be a girl scout and wear the green uniform with the skirt and the darling little beret. One more year in that brown jumper was more than my 9year old fashion sensibilities could stand, so I quit.
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
In my mid-20s, I had a mild obsession with Playboy and the Suicide Girls. I used to think, if the opportunity ever arose, I would like to pose. Thankfully, the opportunity never did.
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
I often write letters that are never met to be sent, but the last time I actually wrote a letter and mailed it was probably back when I first started college in 2000.
31. Can you change the oil on a car?
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
33. Ever ran out of gas?
More often than I care to admit.
34. What’s your favorite kind of sandwich?
35. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
36. What is your usual bedtime?
Midnight-ish, give or take an hour.
37. Are you lazy?
Yes, but I really know how to get my ass in gear when it’s time to work, although I’d rather be lazy all the time.
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
An Indian, Little Bo Peep, a Cabbage Patch Kid, She-ra, a cat, Dorothy, a vampire (my favorite), a gypsy…
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign?
40. How many languages can you speak?
Just English, but I know a few words in Spanish and Urdu.
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
I subscribe to The Knot and Martha Stewart Weddings.
42. Which are better: legos or lincoln logs?
I LOVED Lincoln logs!!
43. Are you stubborn?
Pretty stubborn, if you ask A.
44. Who is better: Leno or Letterman?
I don’t really care for either, to be honest. I loved Johnny Carson as a little kid and when Leno took over, I felt a lot of anger towards him for taking Johnny’s job.
45. Ever watch soap operas?
For a little while in junior high, back when Marlena was possessed on Days of our Lives.
46. Are you afraid of heights?
Not heights, but I am afraid of ladders.
47. Do you sing in the car?
48. Do you sing in the shower?
Again, who doesn’t?
49. Do you dance in the car?
These questions are becoming redundant.
50. Ever used a gun?
Yep, lots. My dad used to let me help him clean his guns.
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
I got my graduation portrait taken in May but I didn’t like the way they came out so I didn’t order them. I probably need to get some professional headshots though, now that I’m a professional and all.
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Yes, but I love them with every fiber of my being.
53. Is Christmas stressful?
It can be, if I’m not on top of my shopping and budget. But I usually am on top of those things and about mid-November, I turn into Martha Stewart, baking, and wrapping, and decorating, and singing Christmas nonstop.
54. Ever eat a pierogi?
I don’t think so.
55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
Peach, hands down. Peach everything is my favorite.
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
An actress, a model, a rodeo queen…
57. Do you believe in ghosts?
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
Yep, a lot.
59. Do you take a vitamin daily?
If by vitamin you mean caffeine.
60. Do you wear slippers?
No, because I’m dismayed by all the hair and dirt that collects on the bottom of them. I’d rather just go barefoot.
61. Do you wear a bath robe?
Yes, when I take a shower before going out and I’m not quite ready to put on my final outfit.
62. What do you wear to bed?
A t-shirt or a tank.
63. What was your first concert?
The Beach Boys! I wore jams!
64. Walmart, Target, or Kmart?
I love just about everything about Target, including their recent decision to do away with gender labels.
65. Nike or Adidas?
Both. Neither. I wear Nikes to run in but I think Adidas are cooler, though I don’t personally own any. A obsessively buy Adidas shell toes.
66. Cheetos or Fritos?
Yuck. Fritos if I’m starving, and if they’re covered in chili and cheese.
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
Peanuts if I’m eating them as a snack. I don’t like all the spitting involved with eating sunflowers. I do like already shelled sunflower seeds on my salads.
68. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien?
I don’t think so…
69. Ever take dance lessons?
Yes, when I was 6 I took dance at Miss Vicki’s Studios and when I was 10 I took dance, tumbling, and twirling (as in baton, and not, as I originally thought and was disappointed to learn otherwise, lessons on spinning around and around a la ballerina or figure skater) at Dixie Darling Studios.
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
I imagine he’ll buy and renovate properties, since that’s what A does.
71. Can you curl your tongue?
72. Ever won a spelling bee?
Came in 3rd once.
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
If I’m below a 3 or above a 7, I’m crying. If I see a picture of puppies on the internet that I deem to be “too cute”, I’m crying.
74. Own any record albums?
Yes, quite a few, but I do not own a record player.
75. Own a record player?
76. Do you regularly burn incense?
No, I hate the smell of burning incense. No matter what the fragrance is suppose to be, it always just smells like a head shop.
77. Ever been in love?
78. Who would you like to see in concert?
79. What was the last concert you saw?
I saw New Kids On The Block, TLC, and Nelly in May. That’s what I did instead of walking in my own graduation. Priorities.
80. Hot tea or cold tea?
Iced sweet tea. I am a southern girl, after all.
81. Tea or coffee?
Coffee. Every morning. Or I can’t even.
82. Sugar cookies or snickerdoodles?
Both, please. Now.
83. Can you swim well?
84. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
85. Are you patient?
86. DJ or band at a wedding?
DJ. If I can’t get down to 90s dance music, what’s the point of a wedding anyway?
87. Ever won a contest?
Sure, coloring contests, costume contest, essay contest.
88. Have you ever had plastic surgery?
89. Which are better: black or green olives?
90. Can you knit or crochet?
Knit, but only in a straight line so, no…
91. Best room for a fireplace?
Living room, that’s where I think you’d get the most use of it.
92. Do you want to get married?
Desperately. A should stop being an asshole and get on that.
93. If married, how long have you been married?
A and I have been together for 7 years, enough for common law if that still existed.
94. Who was your high school crush?
I chased and dated Quint Kramer all through high school.
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
Sometimes. I pick my battles.
96. Do you have kids?
I have a dog, same difference.
97. Do you want kids?
Kinda, sorta, not really. Still trying to decide.
98. What is your favorite color?
I alternate between purple and teal.
99. Do you miss anyone right now?
I miss Micki, who’s in Louisville, KY, Mom, Dad, and Melissa, who are in Alexandria, LA, Bailey, who’s in Lafayette, LA, and Pop, who passed away.